Local authorities have a unique opportunity to help communities become more resilient and to build back better, whilst addressing the climate crisis. Yet at the same time, the public sector is more constrained than ever by shrinking budgets, and funding to finance sustainability interventions remains a challenge.
As such, Useful Projects launched our ‘Financing Climate Action’ research project, which aims to provide advice, tips and pathways for local authorities looking accelerate the tangible delivery of their climate strategies.
Our research provides valuable solutions and tools for local authorities to unlock funding and maximise their resources in order to deliver sustainable projects and meet their climate action pledges. The research explores six key enablers: building a total value business case, capacity-building and upskilling, unlocking external funding, scaling up retrofitting, delivering low-carbon developments, and maximising collaboration.
Launched in December 2020, our Financing Climate Action report includes:
- 6 key enablers for local authorities to deliver on their climate pledges
- Tools and insights to enable local authorities to finance climate action
- Case studies exemplifying best practice.
Links to download the full report and executive summary are provided in the ‘Downloads’ section below.
Related Blog Posts
- Check out our Insights from our Financing Climate Action Roundtable blog post.
- Check out our Green Recovery Funding blog post.
- Check out our Launch of our New Research Project blog post.